Terms and conditions
The term “bake it and take it”, “us”, “we” or “our” refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is: bake it and take it, 18 Hemplands Lane, Sutton on Trent, Newark, Nottinghamshire, NG23 6PU, England. The term “you” and “your” refers to the user or viewer of our website and our services.
• The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
• Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
• Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
• This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
• All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
• Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
• From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
• You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without bake it and take it’s prior written consent.
• Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of this website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
Booking and Payment
A minimum 50% non-refundable deposit must be paid at the time of booking to secure a place on any course booked more than 21 days before the course start date.
The full balance of course payment must be received 21 days before the course start date. Failure to pay the balance may result in losing your place on the course and your deposit.
Full payment is required on all bookings made less than 21 days before the course start date.
We accept payment by BACs transfers.
When your booking or purchase is complete you will receive confirmation of your order including the joining instructions via email.
We reserve the right to change recipes on any course without notice.
Gift voucher purchases are non-refundable. They can be redeemed when making a course booking at bake it and take it.
Gift vouchers cannot be exchanged for other goods or cash.
Gift vouchers may be transferable to another person, so if you are unable to make your course, you may contact us to nominate a replacement.
Gift vouchers are valid for 12 months from the date of issue only. Any course must be taken within the validity of the voucher.
Gift vouchers may only be used against a single transaction. Any remaining value will then be kept on the purchaser’s account and may be used against subsequent bookings within 12 months from the date of issue. It is non-refundable and is not exchangeable for cash.
If a gift voucher is used against a course of higher value than the voucher value the balance of the course fee is payable 21 days prior to the course start date.
If payment for any gift voucher is not received or is cancelled, any transactions made using the voucher will be void.
Gift vouchers can take up to three business days to process and are sent by Royal Mail first class post.
Please note: Royal Mail delivery services are outside our control and therefore we can take no responsibility for delays or undelivered gift vouchers.
Changes of Course Date/Cancellations
Most of our courses are booked months in advance, as such trying to re-sell a course at short notice is not a very viable option.
With 28 days notice or more of your allotted course a change of date will be considered by bake it and take it, however you may incur an administration fee of £20.
With less than 28 days notice of your allotted course a change of date may be considered by bake it and take it, however you will incur an administration fee of £20.
With 28 days notice or more of your allotted course a cancellation will be considered by bake it and take it. If we are able to re-sell your place then a refund of any monies paid above the deposit will be refunded (except in the case of a Gift Voucher).
With less than 28 days notice of your allotted course a cancellation may be considered by bake it and take it. If we are able to re-sell your place then a refund of any monies paid above the deposit will be refunded (except in the case of a Gift Voucher).
If a person that is booked on a course fails to attend for any reason, they will not be entitled to a refund or a rebooking of another course.
In the unlikely event of cancellation of a course by us, we undertake to offer a suitable transfer to an alternative date or course, or a full refund of any course fees.
Please notify us before attending if you suffer any sickness or diarrhoea less than 48 hours prior to the start of a course.
If you are taken ill whilst attending a course please notify the tutor immediately.
All classes are primarily aimed at attendees aged 18 years and over, due to the nature of the equipment and techniques used.
However, attendees aged 13 to 17 years may be considered by prior arrangement only, if accompanied by an adult guardian aged 18 years or older who is also taking part in the same course on the same date.
Bake it and take it will not accept responsibility for the loss of or damage to any personal possessions.
We will not be liable for any loss suffered by you, which is indirect, special or consequential.
We will not be liable for any loss suffered by you resulting from any event, which is beyond the reasonable control of bake it and take it.
Updated 3rd October 2018